Bowman, Moehl Win San Diego 100
Mount Laguna, California, June 12. Dylan Bowman and Krissy Moehl were winners at the 10th annual San Diego 100. Bowman took the lead in the 63rd mile from early leader Yassine Diboun and held off Diboun and Rod Bien for a narrow victory.
Moehl led from the early stages and slowly pulled away from Jenny Capel for the women's victory. Betsy Nye closed strongly to take third.
The race, held in the mountains about 40 miles east of San Diego, features nearly all single-track trail and more than 18,000 feet of climb and descent. Of the 158 starters, there were 106 finishers within the race's 32-hour time limit. Only 25 finished under 24 hours. Weather conditions were generally cooperative, sunny with high temperatures in the low 70s and a chilly night time, with temperatures near freezing on parts of the course.
1. Dylan Bowman, 25, Aspen, CO, 18:00:15
2 (tie). Rod Bien, 38, Bend, OR, 18:12:04
2 (tie). Yassine Diboun, 32, Portland, OR, 18:12:04
4. Piotr Baizert, 31, Ridgecrest, CA, 19:22:30
5. Topher Gaylord, 41, Kentfield, CA, 19:23:44
1. Kristin Moehl, 33, Seattle, WA, 19:41:13
2. Jenny Capel, 38, Reno, NV, 20:20:23
3. Betsy Nye, 46, Truckee, CA, 22:44:20
4. Denise Bourassa, 41, Boise, ID, 22:50:10
5. Tracy Dimino, 40, Ramona, CA, 23:14:49
Complete results available at http://www.sandiego100.com/2011SDFinishTimes.pdf