Gingerich Breaks Clifton's Record at Kettle Moraine
LaGrange, Wisconsin, June 7. Zach Gingerich of Aurora, Illinois broke Eric Clifton's seemingly unassailable course record at the 14th annual Kettle Moraine 100 Mile Endurance Run, which finished here today. Clifton's record was set in 1999 when the race started at 3 p.m. and required him to run all night; the race now starts at 6 a.m. Gingerich lead from the start and won by more than two hours.
Jenny Chow of Long Valley, New Jersey won the women's race, also by a wide margin. Julie Treder of Saint Francis, Wisconsin was second.
1. Zach Gingerich, 29, Aurora, IL, 15:17:31 (new course record, old record 15:57:09 by Eric Clifton, 1999)
2. Scott Klopfenstein, 38, Cascade, CO, 17:34:18
3. Josh Miller, 37, Anthem, AZ, 17:38:31
4. David Ruttum, 30, Elm Grove, WI, 18:20:55
5. Kyle Amos, 33, Shawnee, KS, 18:34:01
1. Jenny Chow, 45, Long Valley, NJ, 20:26:54
2. Julie Treder, 33, Saint Francis, WI, 23:21:12
3. Kathleen Yarger, 33, Rockford, IL, 23:57:53
4. Deb Johnson, 49, Hudson, WI, 24:34:48
5. Jenny Marietta, 31, River Falls, WI, 24:37:12