Records Fall at Bandera
Bandera, Texas, January 9. In the first major race of 2010, both the men's and women's course records fell at the Bandera 100K in Texas hill country. The race recently became part of the Montrail Ultra Cup series, and several top runners were vying for the top two places and an automatic spot in June's Western States 100.
Nick Clark edged Chikara Omine for the win, with both under the old course record. On the women's side, four runners were under the previous record, with Aliza LaPierre and Jill Perry tying for the win.
1. Nick Clark, 35, Fort Collins, CO, 9:16:57 (new course record; old record, 9:25:39 by Matt Harrington, 2004)
2. Chikara Omine, 27, San Francisco, CA, 9:19:43
3. Dan Vega, 42, Colorado Springs, CO, 9:26:50
4. Steven Moore, 42, Austin, TX, 9:58:49
5. Richard Cook, 47, The Woodlands, TX, 10:06:54
1. (tie) Aliza LaPierre, 29, Williston, VT, 10:33:18 (new course record; old record, 11:18:49 by Amanda McIntosh, 2004)
1. (tie) Jill Perry, 39, Manlius, NY, 10:33:18
3. Pam Smith, 35, Salem, OR, 10:36:25
4. Annette Bednosky, 43, Jefferson, NC, 10:44:37
5. Christine Tokarz, 33, Pottsboro, TX, 11:20:40